Thursday, January 26, 2012

Ang Pow shopping haul at Jurong Point mall :)

Was in a splurging mood post-Lunar New Year holidays and therefore, spent some time yesterday raiding the shops @ Jurong Point mall.

Have been meaning to buy a pair of Neckerman-styled sandals for the longest time and immediately made my way to this shop I knew which carried a range of this type of footwear. On nearing the shop, I spotted right across it the Hush Puppies store was having a discount of their goods up till 60% off.

Most of the shops are currently holding end of season/spring sales, probably cashing in on people like me who are ready to part with their red packet cash through the retail route, and not the home blackjack/mahjong route you know? ;)

So I made a short detour there, only to conclude that even after discount, their prices did not fall into my budget. Like, expect to pay at least $60 onwards for their soles, even after discount. Besides, I came away concurring HP's range of colours are limited and dull-ish, and designs+materials looking old-fashioned. So, I entered my original destination, the All B.A.G.S. Store and a whole display of Beverly Hills Polo Club sandals were displayed at the entrance :D They're currently having this promotion of $33.90 for the whole range. I knew I'd come to the right place.

I chose this dark chocolate brown one, with floral trimmings. <3 the floral details, as I'm big on florals. I'd have preferred a slightly more cheery colour, like brownish orange? Then again, I convinced myself this design had a pretty good rugged feel about it and my shopping mate said brown's easy to match with almost anything (unlike, ahem, Fitflops which I personally think are eyesores and boring, like Transition Lens glasses).


The technical-looking graphics on the shoebox (with questionable grammar though, which I later realised) stacked below the shoe display also sold me on its ergonomic quality:



The sales lady told me they've already reduced the price of the BHPC sandals twice, so, grab them while their stocks last!

After that, we decided to head to the halal foodcourt, The Banquet at the basement, and for some reason, loads of people were lining up at the chicken rice stall (probably due to the fact also that a few other stalls were still closed due to the Chinese New Year occasion). I noticed that the Nasi Goreng stall had a promotional price for their Ayam Penyat set at $5.70 but thought it pricey and saw that their chickens looked small in size, so I was thinking about ordering the $5.50 Korean fried rice (which I never really knew existed, they had the korean kimchi fried rice too at the same price) at the Korean foodstall. Eventually, I went for the Sambal fried rice at $4.50 at the Hotplate stall :D

Speaking of food, we had also earlier dropped by Watson's and they currently have this whole display of 'Taiwan gourmet' snacks where they are selling quite a varied pick of assorted packets of mochi from $2 onwards. I was very tempted to buy but knew it was going to be an impulse buy you know? Anyway, my friend had already made her way to the cashier with her own personal purchase.


After eating we headed to music and videos discs stores like Popular's CD-RAMA where I sought out Adele's latest concert DVD (the one live at UK's Royal Albert Hall) where it was actually displayed on a table outside the entrance at marked down price just for this Chinese New Year period, from $21.90 to $19.90. Again, was rilly tempted to purchase but decided to see if I could find that performance on Youtube first...

We also went in TS Video at the basement and while browsing through their catalogue of Korean drama box sets, I found a lot of them were going at $13. I made a Titles to Check Out list (in random order and price) on my handphone Notes app for reference to search online later:

1) Princess Prosecutor- because the storyline seems like Legally Blonde :D
2) My Sweet Seoul-because the lead female works at a book publishing firm!
3) Night After Night (Lee Dong Gun!)
4) The Painter of the Wind (period flick and the cover picture seemed interesting)
5) The Reputable Family (period flick)
6) Love & Law
7) Princess Ja-Myung
8) The Princess Man (Kim Tae Hee!!)
9) Il Ji-Mae (because the Dong Yi actress is in it :))

Anyway, the CD which I did eventually purchase was this:


Got it at the Precious Thots store at Level 3. Their Christian music CDs selection is quite sizeable and for $26.60 for forty songs, that's a pretty good deal I say. Before deciding on that title, I was deciding between that and this live 2 CD set by a female singer and the sales lady kindly let me sample my two choices by playing them in the store's PA player :)

Finally, made my way to the NTUC Fairprice Hypermart in the new wing of Jurong Point to get Chinese New Year sugee, peanut cookies and pineapple cakes before they disappear once the festival ends. I remember last year the goodies got snapped up at the supermarkets quite fast and the shelves were cleared promptly near the end of the festivities. And since my family doesn't invite people over, we have never been big on purchasing the goodies so it's like, to each his own.

Also came across this super cheap massage pillow (feels super light too). Been wanting to get an extra pillow to prop up on my bed when I read or when I'm typing on my netbook (like right now):



It's made in Singapore and going at $16.90, from $29.90.

Shiok or what?

No comments:

Post a Comment